Introducing Okta Lifecycle Management Workflows: Automate the Most Complex Processes Across the Enterprise Without Code
New feature powers deeper onboarding, flexible offboarding, and resolves identity conflicts with a simple, no-code experience
Okta’s most recent Businesses @ Work report revealed that organizations use an average of 88 applications. Ten percent of organizations use over 200 applications. The complexity of this large number of applications, combined with increased workforce turnover and role changes, makes it very painful for organizations to stay on top of manual provisioning tasks. These processes drain IT resources and increase the risk of security vulnerabilities through orphaned accounts and credentials.
“Adopting more technology is incredibly beneficial for enterprises today, but complexity is a significant side effect of a changing technology ecosystem and workforce. There is no better example of the potential challenges it can create than with lifecycle management,” said
Extending and Deepening Lifecycle Automation
Lifecycle Management Workflows leverages an intuitive drag-and-drop interface, built-in integrations to the most popular cloud applications, and “if this then that” conditional logic to enable administrators to automate the most complex identity-centric processes without code. Using Lifecycle Management Workflows, IT teams can handle provisioning tasks like onboarding, offboarding, username creation, and granular app-specific actions across applications and groups within an organization. All of this is done while still maintaining tight access controls that deliver incredible security and visibility without the time or cost of custom code.
“Millions of people rely on Slack everyday to make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive,” said
Okta Lifecycle Management Workflows enables enterprises to:
- Build workflow processes without code: Administrators within business units can now automate complex identity-centric tasks without code or IT support, no longer requiring developer resources or sophisticated knowledge of APIs to create custom-built integrations.
- Take granular actions during onboarding and offboarding: Now, administrators can go beyond simply creating an account in an application to taking actions within the most widely adopted cloud applications, like assigning access to group channels in Slack or a territory in Salesforce, among many more use cases.
- Define identity process based on time and context: Administrators can schedule a deprovisioning workflow for temporary employees or preserve access to individual payroll information following termination.
- Resolve identity creation conflicts: When organizations employ two persons of the same first and last name, administrators can create detection logic that both detects and automatically resolves identity conflicts without adding custom code.
- Distill and share important data efficiently: Administrators can automatically pull and aggregate different types of data from multiple Okta endpoints, apply logic, format, and share across the organization.
A Platform Approach to Workflow Technology
The technology underpinning Lifecycle Management Workflows is driven by one of Okta’s newest Platform Services, Okta Workflows. Okta Platform Services are foundational, service-oriented technologies at the heart of the Okta Identity Cloud. They enable Okta to meet unlimited identity use cases across Okta Workforce Identity and Okta Customer Identity product lines while also delivering open and extensible technologies that customers and partners can use through products and integrations. To learn more about Okta Platform Services, visit: https://www.okta.com/platform/
Okta Lifecycle Management Workflows is generally available through Okta’s Advanced Lifecycle Management offering in our Workforce Identity product line starting today. For more information, visit: https://www.okta.com/platform/workflows
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Nearly 8,000 organizations, including Engie, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Takeda Pharmaceutical,