Okta Introduces New Okta Privileged Access Product to Strengthen Security and Agility of Critical Computing Resources
New product unites privileged access management with enterprise identity to eliminate disparate systems and improve
The explosive adoption of technology across the enterprise over the last few years has resulted in organizations using a wide array of critical computing resources. However, the adoption of security policies for these hybrid and multi-cloud environments lags behind innovation. Traditional privileged access management (PAM) solutions prove to be too brittle to adapt to the constantly changing resource and user types that come with cloud-based DevOps organizations. To meet today’s needs, modern enterprises require a real-time,
“Okta has had tremendous success helping customers secure access to their applications, APIs, and servers. Today, we’re taking that to the next level with Okta Privileged Access,” said
Securing Critical Computing Resources with Identity
Okta Privileged Access unites flexible, least privileged access requirements with identity to enable organizations to accelerate and strengthen
Benefits of Okta Privileged Access include:
- Increase risk mitigation: Minimize the attack surface area of privileged accounts and credentials by offering just-in-time, least privilege access controls.
- Reduce operational burden: Unite privileged access with identity to enable the retirement of legacy PAM products and error-prone manual operations.
- Enable velocity at scale: Deploy with automation to remove barriers to cloud adoption and help support the delivery of highly available, resilient, performant, and secure production software.
“Thousands of servers power Zoom’s frictionless communications experience,” said
The Power of Identity: A Unified Approach to Access Management, Privileged Access, and Identity Governance
Okta is proud to deliver a comprehensive single control plane for access management, identity governance, and privileged access. Okta’s unified platform meets enterprise challenges by bringing together core identity use cases in one centralized experience.
Okta’s unified approach to access management, identity governance, and privileged access delivers:
- A single control plane: Leverage a single platform for identity governance and privileged access as well as one system to collect audit logs for compliance – making setup and management easier, while offering the best user experience.
- Faster time-to-value: Achieve security, productivity, and compliance outcomes more quickly and effectively than any alternative through a SaaS delivery model that provides frictionless management across any hybrid or multi-cloud environment.
- Seamless automation: Enable end-to-end identity governance processes across applications, infrastructure, and APIs at any level of scale using Okta’s extensible APIs and no-code Workflows.
Okta Privileged Access will be available in Q1 2022. For more information, visit: https://www.okta.com/products/okta-identity-governance-and-okta-privileged-access/
Any unreleased products, features or functionality referenced in this release are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Product roadmaps do not represent a commitment, obligation or promise to deliver any product, feature or functionality, and customers should not rely on them to make purchase decisions.
Okta is the leading independent identity provider. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With more than 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta provides simple and secure access to people and organizations everywhere, giving them the confidence to reach their full potential. More than 10,000 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Siemens, Slack, T-Mobile, Takeda,