Okta Powers Modern Authentication for Apps and Websites for Free
Okta Releases New Product, API Products for
“Protecting identities is hard. Building a secure authentication,
authorization and user management stack for your applications is even
harder. The vast number of breaches and massive extent of data loss
occurring today suggests that we need a simpler and more effective way
to embed identity and authentication solutions,” said
Identity for any app
The investment needed to build out secure identity infrastructure can be overwhelming for large enterprises focusing on a single digital experience, startups experiencing hyper growth and non-profits. Okta API Products are used today by hundreds of organizations as their enterprise-wide identity API for developers.
Okta’s new API Products for
- Authentication and Directory Services – Easily drop authentication into any web or mobile app.
- Self-Registration – Allow users that are actively a part of your community to self-register.
- Social Authentication – Enable end users to log in with something they already know by enabling social login with streamlined OAuth 2.0 connections, rich user profiles and authorization.
- Centralized Identity Management – Developers can take advantage of a central admin console for managing users, groups, apps, APIs, devices and policies.
- Secure Multi-Factor Authentication – Leverage SMS-based one-time passcodes and/or the most secure experience, Okta Verify, for a second factor.
- Developer-Friendly Tools and Controls – Use Okta’s widgets, SDKs, toolkits, documentation, wizards and code snippets for modern environments to make it simple for developers to add modern identity to any app in minutes with full protocol, factor and policy support.
- REST API– Offer developers maximum control over the user experience and automating identity administration with direct access to the full granularity of the Okta REST API.
Nonprofit social enterprise TechSoup has helped one million NGOs globally gain access to the technology and services they need to build a more equitable planet. With 70 partner NGOs around the world, TechSoup also manages the only global philanthropy program that brings together over 100 tech companies to provide technology donations to NGOs worldwide. TechSoup’s platform enables member nonprofits to get donated products from top technology providers, find resources and training, and connect with peer organizations through community forums. Now, with Okta’s new identity offering, TechSoup will be able to power a more seamless, secure authentication experience to its member community.
“Our mission at TechSoup is to equip changemakers with the
transformative technology solutions and skills they need to improve
lives globally and locally. That means we need our own best-in-class
solution to ensure the organizations we serve have access to the
resources and information they need, when they need it, all in a
seamless way,” said
Security for any app
Today’s complex threat landscape requires software providers to maintain complex authentication strategies in order to protect their customers’ information. Okta API Products for
One company benefiting from Okta MFA is Namely, an HR platform that makes it easy for companies to handle their HR, payroll, time management, and benefits in one place. With over 1,000 customers serving more than 175,000 employees globally, ensuring that their customers’ sensitive personal information stays secure is a top priority.
“We set out to create an all-in-one Human Resource platform that
employees actually love to use: powerful, simple technology that handles
every need in one place. And because we handle such sensitive
information about people, security is critical to our platform,” said
Okta API Products for
Jenna Kozel, 415-418-9600